You don’t need to be unwell or unhealthy to practice Mindfulness, you just need a genuine desire to live and feel better. Whether you are drawn to Mindfulness to ease stress, relieve depression, improve performance or even to achieve spiritual enlightenment, this mindfulness course is for you.
We all experience challenges and struggles at times, it is part of being human. It is often impossible to control our external environment, things change in an instant and the unexpected can hit us at any time, the only choice we have is to learn how to live better with all that life may bring. Mindfulness can help build our inner strength and reliance so that we are not dragged down so easily when life isn’t the way we would wish it to be.
The MBLC is a preventative program, it can protect us from losing ourselves in the difficulties we face, it gives us the tools we need to slow down life and live in the moment.
What makes the Mindfulness Based Living Course unique is it’s focuses on self-kindness, self-compassion and kindness to others.
Through the course you will be introduced to guided meditations to help you develop your inner tranquillity. You will learn how to develop the capacity to stay calm in the face of external turbulence. You will learn how to bring self compassion and self kindness into your life. Learning to be kinder to yourself for the first time in your life can be the most transforming part of this course.
The MBLC is an eight week course, delivered through 2 hour sessions. Each session has a specific topic:
- Introduction Session:What is Mindfulness and Why Practice it?
- Week One: Start Where We are
- Week Two: The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week Three: Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week Four: Working with Distraction
- Week Five: Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week Six: Attitude of the Observer
- Week Seven: Self-acceptance
- Week Eight: A Mindfulness Based Life
WHAT OUR COURSES INCLUDE:
- 18 hours teaching time
- The MBLC manual (copyright of the Mindfulness Association)
- Access to online guided meditations
- Personal guided meditations at each session
- A tutor who is accredited by the Mindfulness Association and adheres to the teaching standards for Mindfulness teachers in the UK
- A UK Listed Mindfulness Teacher with experience in Mindfulness for Cancer, loss, depression, stress and anxiety
Where and When The Course is held at St Andrews Church Southgate N14 5pp Starting October 1st For further information prior to booking: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TO BOOK VISIT WWW.MINDFULNESSAPPROACH.COM
About Anna Zanides the course facilitator
My background is in education. I taught in secondary schools in London and Hertfordshire for a decade. I worked with Middlesex University as a lead mentor on the teacher training program and then went on to a national role, supporting schools across the country.
Before entering the teaching profession I worked in the Civil Service, Off Shore companies in Cyprus and run my own business.
A UK Listed Mindfulness Teacher with the following accreditations:
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer (MBCT-CA) – University of Bangor
- Mindfulness Accredited Teacher Training Pathway – Mindfulness Association
- Responding with Compassion – Mindfulness Association
- Mindfulness for Schools .B program
As an accredited Mindfulness teacher I am bound by the good practice guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers. I attend at least one five day retreat a year and two CPD events. I am committed to my own professional development in order to provide the best possible service to people I support.
- Masters in Teaching
- PGCE in Secondary Education
- 1st Class Honours BSc in Computer Science