In this 2-hour workshops you’ll learn how slow, mindful yoga benefits 3 common health challenges: depression, anxiety and fatigue.
This 2hr workshop is an introduction to the benefits of slow yoga, providing research and scientific evidence combined with specific practices that help combat the stresses of the modern world; depression, anxiety and fatigue. While each sequence has a specific focus, the common thread includes the immediate benefits of breath work to calm the nervous system.
You’ll learn how slow, mindful yoga benefits 3 common health challenges:
- Fatigue: I’ll help you understand the challenges of fatigue and introduce you to two basic functions of the nervous system. We’ll also look at the immense value of slow “innercise” compared to the benefits of exercise.
- Depression: We’ll look at why slow yoga is particularly useful, focusing on specific practice points for depression.
- Anxiety: We’ll investigate the neural mechanisms behind anxiety, the connection between anxiety and depression and the benefits of slow breathing and focusing on specific practice points for anxiety.
- Theory: Understand the nervous system and how slow yoga practice helps calm our body’s fight or flight mode.
- Practice: 15-20 minute sequences demonstrating and highlighting therapeutic and calming techniques for each health issue.
Handouts: You’ll receive handouts covering each topic which walk you through the sequences we cover in the workshop.Video sequences: You’ll receive access to my online video sequences, where you can practice and follow along at home.
When: Sunday December 16th 2pm & Saturday January 12th 10am
Where: South East London The Enchantingly Beautiful Beckenham Place Mansion
Email email@example.com For Further Information & Booking