Tony Freeman: Practical, Solution-Based Therapy For Adults, Children & Adolescents
Consulting Rooms: Baker Street London WIU 6SG & Canada Water London E14 4PA
Call: 0208 343 4869
I provide caring therapy in London and remotely using Skype and phone, for adults and children.
I am an Accredited psychotherapist with BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), and a member of the British CBT organisation AREBT (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy).
My Psychology training began 24 years ago at The Esalen Institute in California. I then went on to train in Counselling, Hypnotherapy, CBT therapy and EMDR Trauma therapy.
As well as my private practice, I have worked in Drug Rehabilitation, with Kids Company, Victims of Crime support and the Princes Royal Trust for Carers – a charity that helps Carers look after family members in need.
About CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
CBT gives you the tools you need to bring anxiety under control, and master your fears. CBT therapy and Hypnotherapy will improve your self confidence, develop self esteem, and create a more positive outlook on life – giving you control over how you feel.
Working with both adults and young people specialising in the following areas
- OCD :
- Anger Management
- Anxiety & Stress
- Eating & Weight
- Bullying at school & at work
- Panic Attacks :
- Self Harm
- Young People
I have a special interest in working with gifted young people, adolescents’ and adults.
What it meant to be gifted,
Many Gifted people are highly driven, able to do several things at one time, impatient with delay and quickly bored. These skills can help but also cause problems, particularly when not identified.
Surprisingly, many Gifted young people do badly at school or fail at University – often through boredom or finding classes un-challenging. Non-gifted students fit more easily into the educational system, being less demanding.
Common signs of giftedness
- High levels of energy and curiosity
- Quick learning and achieving ability
- Skills in abstract thinking and seeing patterns
- High morals and a need to speak openly about them
- An intense nature
- A need to be intellectually challenged, or face boredom
Gifted Adults: Challenges
- Being overly sensitivity or anxious
- Off balance physically, mentally or emotionally
- Doubts about self, abilities or competence
- Self blame and self doubt
- Overwork and a tendency to burn out
- Not enjoying life, work or relating
- Feelings of not doing or being enough
- Escape into other activities without relief
Gifted Children: Challenges
- Difficulty making friends – feelings different, shyness, low self esteem, or bullying
- Depression or high anxiety – insomnia, obsessions or bad behaviour. becomes introverted or withdrawn
- Perfectionism or fear of failure – avoidance of disappointment by refusing to do tasks, such as homework
- Intense sensitivity to criticism or anger
- High observation and intellectual skills
- Holding back in social situations, feeling awkward communicating
- Over-developed sense of right and wrong
- Controlling – bossy, seeks unhealthy control
- Impatience – quickly frustrated at themselves or others. Lacking in empathy or acceptance of failure
- Burnout – exhausted from over-work and high expectations
- Misdiagnosis – wrongly labeled as ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, OCD or depression.
How Therapy Can Help
I have worked with Gifted adults and children for 10 years, using CBT therapy, Counselling and Hypnosis.
Many clients struggle with a lifetime of feeling ‘different’ from others, finding themselves insecure, isolated or anxious.
Therapy helps provide understanding of the advantages of Giftedness, giving tools to use skills for success. Anxiety and stress are reduced. This leads to confidence, control, self-esteem and succeed.
Contact Tony For an Initial Consultation: email@example.com