Pilates Retreats at Boswell Farm usually run from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon, however we pride ourselves on flexibility of arrangements and so can cater for a set weekend, or a bespoke package ideally suited to your needs.
Our retreat clients cherish the opportunity to take themselves away for a few days to recharge in the healthiest way possible. The ethos of our retreats is renewal, relaxation, recharging and a little bit of fun!
Enjoy Pilates in a breathtaking location, eat well, restore, revive and feel amazing.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Classes include Pilates practice, meditation, visualisation and relaxation (4 classes of 2 hours each over the course of the weekend)
- Fully equipped professional mat work studio with Tiad Balls, Core Stability Balls, Power Rings, Resistance Bands, Foam Rollers, Core Bands, Hand Weights, Leg Weights and Triangle Blocks.
- Equipment Studio with Cadillac, Reformers, Tower, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector, Wunda Chair, V Plate, Rotary Discs, Wobble Board, Bolster, Soft Roller, Joe’s Gizmo, Foot Corrector, Balance Pad, Gondala Pole and Arch Exerciser
- Professional and highly experienced Instructors with over 27 years experience
- Access to 45 acres of grounds to explore including all weather tennis court and lake
- Free time to enjoy the local area, relax or enjoy a treatment
- Fresh seasonal, organic and locally produced catering provided by, and served by, our chef (dietary requirements will be catered for)
Linda Macaulay, founder of Pilates for Life and owner of Boswell Farm, has been offering Pilates Retreats since 2000. Under her exceptional instruction and empathy she supports every area of the Retreat. As well as being a highly accomplished Pilates instructor, Linda is also a qualified Counsellor practising person centred, humanistic, integrative therapies in East Devon. On receiving a Diploma in Humanistic Psychology and Counselling, and gaining membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, Linda worked within General Practice Surgeries for over ten years.
Boswell Farm is a unique Centre for personal wellbeing and green tourism set in the heart of Devon’s beautiful Sweetcombe Valley. Linda has innovatively reinvented Boswell Farm from a failing cottage business acquired 24 years ago, into a thriving combined home based business welcoming holiday guests, counseling clients, and Pilates students both locally and from all over the world to the delights of this ‘little piece of heaven in Devon’. Linda and Boswell Farm are proud to announce we are WINNERS for the Venus Awards 2014 in Devon, celebrating women in business. www.boswell-farm.co.uk